Just some ramblings . . .
- If you are going to provide tools that enable your employees to talk to each other and the wider world then you are going to have to trust them.
- Communication underpins knowledge sharing and collaboration so if you want employees to do this online you will have to accept that you you and your colleagues will be able to see their dialogue.
- Organisations that trust their employees are likely to be more open and have a stronger relationships at manager level (between managers and managers and their teams)
- Social learning cannot succeed in command and control organisations (where control = lack of trust in employees)
- Learning takes place at all levels in a successful organisation - as organisations themselves are constantly learning (or should be).